Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cake mix recipes part 1-Margarita Cake

I am going to do a GREAT series this week with cake mix recipes! I was told this last week that my cooking has really excelled in the last couple years. I was also told I should enter my cupcakes in cupcake wars. I laughed and said would they let me have a box of Betty Crocker cake mix on hand?! Anyways I will start this series with a margarita cake recipe. This one is SO simple and fast

I went to Williams Sonoma the other day and they had this recipe. I loved it but didn't want to spend a ton of $$$ on their margarita mixer. So I headed to Wal-Mart and found a Lit so sugar added margarita mixer, for $3.


Margarita Cake:
1 yellow cake mix, made according to directions EXCEPT omit water and use the margarita mix. Bake according to box directions.
While the cake is baking make a glaze by mixing together 1/2-3/4 cup of the margarita mixer with enough sifted powdered sugar (if I'm in a hurry I will just put the powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk it to break down clumps) to thicken it just slightly.
When the cake is golden brown, pull it out, prick some hole in it with a fork and pour your glaze over your warm cake.
chill the cake for a few hours or overnight. Serve chilled and top with some cool whip or whipping cream and whatever berries are in season!

We had fresh raspberries the first time I made this, it was divine!! The second time I warmed it up and topped it with frozen vanilla yogurt and fresh blackberries YUM YUM! I love fresh berries :)

No comments:

Post a Comment