Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cake Mix recipes part 2-chocolate strawberry layered cake

Okay, I thought I had a better picture of another cake but don't so I am doing this "recipe" today. Basically it's just a way to dress up your box cake.

Doesn't this look gorgeous?! Alright all it is, is a German cake mix prepared according to directions. I'm lazy I know but here are some tips

-grease 9 inch round pans AND use parchment paper cut to fit in the pans
-let the cakes cool completely, some even freeze the cake for about 30 min
-Put on a pretty cake stand
-"frost" with cool whip and arrange sliced strawberries nicely
-drizzle some chocolate syrup over it (I found a great recipe on pinterest for that, or you could use store bought)
-add the next cake layer followed by cool whip, strawberries and chocolate.
-Serve immediately or refrigerate it or it might start to melt

My family LOVED this and kept saying "I HAVE to get this recipe from you!" haha thank you betty crocker for making people think I am an awesome cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment